Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sixteen Candles

This afternoon Hannah called and wanted to walk down to use my wii fit. After she was here for a while Shellie called to ask me if I would drive Hannah to church at 5:00 for a new youth group that was forming. While Shellie and I were having a perfectly normal conversation Hannah started yelling, "I am not going"! As I was innocent and had no idea what just transpired I told Shellie I would be glad to drive her.

When it started to get close to 5:00 I reminded Hannah that I was taking her to church. She informed me that she didn't know anyone there and did not have to go and it was "gay". (Mind you, she has been attending this church for several years) At any rate I made her get in the car and I drove her to church. Now, I don't know how many of you have seen "Sixteen Candles", but I swear I was living the scene where te parents have to push the kid into the school dance. We sat in front of the church watching the kids walk in (presumably voluntarily) and she was refusing to get out of the car. I finally told her I was dragging her in and I got out of the car. She quickly exited the car and I followed her into the church where she cheerily greeted her friends. The only difference between us and the movie was that while all of the screaming and yelling was going on we were both laughing.

Now here is the wisdom of Shellie. Had Shellie driven her they would not be laughing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn, now you make me want to watch the movie...and you remind me at the same time that in the VCR to DVD transition I have lost my copy!!


"Dong (clap, clap), where is my automobile?" "Automobile??? Lake, big lake"

Shellie said...

When I went to pick up Hannah, of course, it was much different than the dropoff. She said "yeah, that was really fun." Pain in the butt!!!!!

Shellie said...

What is it with teenagers and church? Both Sam and Hannah gave us grief this weekend. Sam is only 12, but he had to lead the congregation in the Rosary this past Sunday for his 6th grade CCD class. We had an argument about his choice of clothing. He wants to look gangster-ish and I want him to look like a nice young man. I insisted on no jeans and a button down shirt that tucked in and a belt. WOW can you imagine a more "gay" outfit? Sounds perfectly normal to me. I had finally had it and had Mike deal with him. Mike agreed with me and off they went to church. I came later with the girls and walked into church to see Sam reciting the Rosary in front of the church with no belt and pants pulled down about 4 inches below his waist. Mike said he somehow managed to remove the belt by the time he got up to the altar. If I could have found that belt, I would have beaten him with it up on the altar in front of everyone!!!