Saturday, October 4, 2008

Took The Big Step

Cindy and I both booked the cruise yesterday! I decided on the spur of the moment to find another travel agent to work with. I went to the yellow pages and found one that specializes in cruises. I think I hit the jackpot!! I stopped in just to check it out and loved Joanne right from the beginning. She has sailed on the Norwegian Jade and began by telling me the best places on the ship to book a stateroom. I had read in a travel book I bought several months ago that location on the ship was important, but didn't know where to begin. I was struggling with having any faith in the agent I had been working with; it seemed to me I was doing all the research and sharing the information with her.

Joanne encouraged me to stay a night in Barcelona before flying home. I was easy to convince, especially after just seeing "Vicky, Christina Barcelona". Mary Jane and I saw it at the film festival and thought maybe we would run into Javier Bardem there and he would invite us to his place in Oviedo for some casual sex. It's not impossible!!!!

For those of you who are truly planning to join me on this adventure when you book it will be a $400 deposit with the rest due in August of 2009. That gives me almost a year to save. If anyone is interested the travel agent I am now using is Joanne Schall with Tenenbaum's Travel in Kingston, PA. 570-288-8747, email joanne@tentrip.com. Their website is www.tenenbaums.com.

One of the annoyances of traveling, in my book, is having to go through immigration every time you hit a new country. I found out that on cruises the cruise line takes care of that and you don't have to go through immigration at every stop. Another benefit to cruises.

1 comment:

The Gardner Family said...

I think I hate your blog because it reminds me that I have 2 babies, no money, and zero chance of joining you on this fabalous cruise! I am so jealous of how much fun you are going to have and everything you are going to see!