Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Call From The Wild


















This week was Sam's birthday and he chose "Smokey Bones" as his birthday dinner choice. When we ordered the cake from the restaurant they seemed puzzled that we wanted a whole cake. When they brought it to the table we knew why - it was huge. We managed to eat about 1/16 of the cake and had to take the rest home. It was served a second time at Sam's party on Saturday and a third time at Sunday dinner. There is still almost half left. I have to say that although it is ridiculously huge, it is also scrumptious.

I have been thinking a lot about Katelyn the last couple of weeks and wondering how she is doing with her Outward Bound experience. Well, I spoke with Jillian this morning and she received a phone call from Katelyn and all is well and she is loving the experience. We have had no contact with her since she left for North Carolina on September 15. I really admire her for doing this and am happy that she is enjoying it. I don't know how I would do in the wild for 50 days. I think a Mediterranean Luxury Cruise is more up my alley.

With that nice segue into the cruise topic, I wanted to mention the email that Cindy sent regarding her plan to finance the cruise. I shared the email with everyone - I found it interesting that giving up a few things can earn enough money to finance the trip. The cruise sounds less expensive when you look at it that way.

No comments: