Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome Aboard Jon and Mary Jane

Two more brave souls have booked passage on the Norwegian Jade for the 70th birthday celebration on the Mediterranean. I am very excited and am waiting for others to commit. Son of a gun, we'll have big fun. I am so happy that Jon and Mary Jane have taken the big step and are now official shipmates. Who is next??

I can't help but notice incidents in the news related to cruises. I don't know if it is because I am just more alert to cruise news or more things are happening, but now that we haven't heard much about piracy on the high seas for a few weeks we start to hear about people disappearing into thin air while on a cruise. What's up with that? I have to admit disappearing sometimes appeals to me, but I think I would find another way to do it.

I usually enjoy winter weather and we are expecting a nice snowfall this week, which I will enjoy, but temperatures don't usually fall into the teens and single digits for days and days in a row. Where is global warming when we need it? I have just about given up trying to stay warm. I am going to visit Patti and Tim in Florida next month and she told me they were expecting temperatures in the 30's this week. I hope they are over that when I get there - I am looking forward to feeling the warm sun on my body.

1 comment:

KB said...

I just applied for my passport today! I'm still seriously considering joining the journey :-)