Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year


I have never had the desire to be awake at the stroke of midnight on New Years eve. However, since moving to PA my grandchildren have been able to keep me up so they could ring in the new year. They like to stay at my house as their parents also do not stay up to welcome the new year. I barely make it to midnight and at 12:01 we are in bed. We do have fun though and celebrate with a glass of ginger ale.


I am sitting here at the end of my second day back and work and watching an ice storm out of my window. Of course this means either school will be closed tomorrow or we will have a delayed opening. I did go out earlier to run a couple of errands and it was in fact, pretty dicey out there.


Has anyone noticed the drastic increase in diet ads on TV recently? They definitely try to hook us when we are the most vulnerable. I feel like I know Valerie Bertinelli personally. I know that it is time to get real about my eating habits and my exercise regimen. I don't want to sink the boat next fall.

No comments: