Sunday, July 19, 2009

Two More Shipmates!

It's only three months and a few days before we take off for the Mediterranean. Alda and Melissa Mandell have taken the plunge and signed on as shipmates. That makes 7 of us all together at this point and still room for more. Jon would love to see some male types sign on so he isn't on a "chick cruise", as he says. I welcome anyone who wants to have this experience with me.



Choosing shore excursions has been quite an experience. There are so many to choose from and not having cruised before I am new to this and don't know all the ropes. At any rate for the time being we have chosen excursions at every port. Now I have to get in shape to be able to doing the required walking and hiking without huffing and puffing the whole way. I have invested in some good walking shoes and have started breaking them in around my neighborhood, which does not lack for hills. Being retired helps because I can get out in the morning before it gets too hot.



We've had some financial breaks on the cruise cost because of the economy. Those emails have been very welcomed. The savings are both for the cruise and the flight. I guess there has to be some benefit for a lousy economy.

1 comment:

Brutalism said...

That is going to be such a great trip!